Ganeshgudi - OMH
A place to just be. Catch your breath. Learn more about nature and get away from the mad rush. The Old magazine brings to mind rustic, old-world, classic roughing it. And it’s exactly that. The camp is surrounded by thick forest and you can be sure of spotting the jungle’s rare and vibrant avian denizens. The Old Magazine House is less about what you can see and more about what you can do. And there’s a lot of the latter.
Breathe in the jungle. Take in its sounds. And become one with it. A perfect place to perch for the night while exploring the magical forests of Dandeli, the camp is located in an area of the forest which is not open to the general public. Pick and choose from various activities like trekking, kayaking, and even river rafting. Treks are a great way to check out the winged denizens. The Malabar Grey Hornbill, the Malabar Pied Hornbill, flycatchers, orioles, babblers, etc. are commonly spotted here. After a long day of adventurous activities, the dinner on the terrace above the Magazine House is a treat. The stars are surreally bright, with no pollution coming between you and them. The ambiance of the dining area is all wood and comfort. If that doesn’t cut it for you, you have your meals by the campfire.
This photo tour is for whom?
- Nature/Bird Lovers
- Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
- Children / School Children's
- Families / Friends
- In short Everyone !!!
Photo Tour Schedule:
- 26th Dec - Pickup the Train from Thane station at 7 pm.
- 27th Dec - Reach Londha station & have breakfast.
- Start the journey towards the campsite.
- Check-in Campsite & have lunch.
- Post lunch Birding session.
- Dinner and rest
- 28th Dec - Early morning wake up call and visit Timber depo
- Post lunch Birding session.
- 29th Dec - Early morning wake up call and nature trail in the surrounding area.
- After Lunch leave for Londha station and catch Train to Mumbai at 17:50
- 30th Dec - Reach Thane by 7:00 am.
- Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
- 2-3 Ltrs Water (MUST)
- CAP (MUST)
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
- Extra clothes
- Dry snacks
- Torch with extra batteries
- A Bag to put all these things
Rs. 10,500/- per person without train tickets
1. Pickup & drop from Londa station
2. Dormitory Accommodation at Ganeshgudi
3. All major meals during the stay.
4. Expertise & Guide charges
1. Any expenses in the Train (Meals & snacks)
2. Any kind of Expenses of personal in nature
Cancellation and Refund policy:
1. 30 days before the Tour 25% charges will apply (i.e, 75% will be refunded).
2. Within 30 days but 15 Days of Tour 50% charges will apply (i.e, 50% will be refunded).
3. Within 15 Days or No show 100% charges will apply (i.e, NO refund).
- All our Photo-walks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose of it in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.