Keoladeo National Park or Keoladeo Ghana National Park is formerly known as the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary in Bharatpur, Rajas than, India is a famous avifauna sanctuary that hosts thousands of birds, especially during the winter season. Over 230 species of birds are known to be resident. It is also a major tourist center with scores of ornithologists arriving here in the hibernal season. It was declared a protected sanctuary in 1971. It is also a World Heritage Site.
Keoladeo Ghana National Park is a man-made and man-managed wetland and one of the national parks of India. The reserve protects Bharatpur from frequent floods, provides grazing grounds for village cattle, and earlier was primarily used as a waterfowl hunting ground. The 29 km2 (11 sq mi) reserve is locally known as Ghana and is a mosaic of dry grasslands, woodlands, woodland swamps, and wetlands. These diverse habitats are home to 366 bird species, 379 floral species, 50 species of fish, 13 species of snakes, 5 species of lizards, 7 amphibian species, 7 turtle species, and a variety of other invertebrates.
Every year thousands of migratory waterfowl visit the park for wintering and breeding. The sanctuary is one of the richest bird areas in the world and is known for nesting of resident birds and visiting migratory birds including water birds.
The rare Siberian cranes used to winter in this park but this central population is now extinct. According to the founder of the World Wildlife Fund Peter Scott, Keoladeo National Park is one of the world’s best bird areas.
This photo tour is for whom?
- Nature/Bird Lovers
- Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
- Children / School Children's
- Families / Friends
- In short Everyone !!!
Photo Tour Schedule:
Day 0: 19th Feb 2020
Leave from Mumbai to Mathura via Aug Kranti Rajdhani (12953) train from Mumbai Central 17:40 pm
Day 1: 20th Feb 2020
Reach Mathura by Morning and head towards Bharatpur.
Get Fresh and have Lunch. Explore the park till sunset.
Day 2: 21st Feb 2020
Early morning wake up call after breakfast enter in the park. We will spend a full day in the park. Lunch will be done inside the park. Evening return back to the hotel. Get fresh and Session for reviewing your images & feedback.
Day 3: 22nd Feb 2020
Early morning wake up call, after breakfast leave for Chambal Sanctuary. We will witness & photograph birds like Indian Skimmer, Sarus crane, Pallas's fish eagle, Indian courser black-bellied terns, red-crested pochard, ferruginous pochard, and bar-headed goose. Boating in Chambal River. Post lunch explore the area till sunset. back to Resort by night.
Dinner & rest.
Day 4: 23rd Feb 2020
Early morning wake up call, leave from last Birding session in the park. Come back to Hotel by afternoon. Get Fresh & have Lunch.
Catch the (Aug Kranti Rajdhani 12954) train by 18:40 pm from Mathura to Mumbai.
Day 5: 24th Feb 2020
Reach Mumbai in the Morning.
Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
- 2-3 Ltrs Water (MUST)
- CAP (MUST)
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Winter clothes
- Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
- Extra clothes
- Dry snacks
- Torch with extra batteries
- A Bag to put all these things
Rs. 16500/- per person Ex. Mathura
- Hotel stay - Twin Sharing
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (Ex. Bharatpur)
- Rickshaw for the park (Twin sharing)
- Private vehicle to Chambal & return.
- Boating at Chambal
- Pickup and Drop Mathura junction.
- All Entry changes, Camera Fee & Permission.
- Any meals during Train travel.
- Any tips or gratitude.
- Any personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusion.
Cancellation and Refund policy:
- 60 days before the Tour 50% charges will apply (i.e, 50% will be refunded).
- Within 60 days but 30 Days of Tour 75% charges will apply (i.e, 25% will be refunded).
- Within 30 Days or No show 100% charges will apply (i.e, NO refund).
- All our Photo-walks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of the nature around us.
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose of it in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.